Understanding & Designing Winning Business Strategy
Does Your Organisation Have A Winning Business Strategy?
“The single most important element common to companies that attain long-term success as opposed to those that fail is this: They have a clear, coherent strategy that they pursue with singularity of purpose.”
Michael Robert—The New Strategic Thinking: Pure & Simple
Strategy is an organisation’s response to the external environment (customer demand and competition). A.G Lafley (former Chairman and CEO of Procter & Gamble) and Roger L. Martin (former Dean of Rotman School of Management) in their bestselling book Playing To Win—How Strategy Really Works defines strategy as “an integrated set of choices that uniquely positions the firm in its industry so as to create sustainable advantage and superior value relative to the competition.”
Often what people call strategy is not strategy but pure fluff—high-sounding words that have no strategic intent or direction. This course will help the participants understand the concept of strategy, develop and sharpen their strategic thinking skills, and apply the principles of business strategy to succeed in their businesses.
At the end of the course, participants would:
• Appreciate the role that strategy playsin business success
• Understand what strategyreally is and is not
• Recognisethe three foundations of every effective business strategy
• Understand the concept of competitive advantages and the sources of power
• Lean how to apply the concept of strategic positioning
• Recognise different strategic moves based on the nature of your industry
• Apply strategic thinking to design winning business strategies